- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
Wireshark is fully compatible with:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
Wireshark is also compatible with ▼▲
Wireshark is also available in other platforms ▼▲
Versions of Wireshark
|Wireshark 1.9.0 (32 bits) 11/03/13||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 1.65 (32 bits) 24/05/12||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 1.6.3 (32 bits) 11/01/12||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 1.6.1 (32 bits) 09/11/11||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 1.5.1 (32 bits) 08/06/11||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 1.2.5 (32 bits) 19/06/13||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 1.2.4 (32 bits) 19/06/13||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 1.2.2 (32 bits) 19/06/13||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 1.2.10 (32 bits) 03/02/11||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 1.2.1 (32 bits) 19/06/13||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 1.2.0 (32 bits) 19/06/13||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 1.0.6 (32 bits) 19/06/13||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 1.0.2 (32 bits) 19/06/13||Free (GPL)||English||
|Wireshark 0.99.8 (32 bits) 19/06/13||Free (GPL)||English||
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
Powerful multi-platform protocol analyzer
- Bug Fixes
- * The following bugs have been fixed:
- * Wireshark is unresponsive when capturing from named pipes on Windows. (Bug 1759)
- * Ring buffers are no longer turned on by default when using multiple capture files.
- New and Updated Features
- * The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 1.4:
- * Wireshark can import text dumps, similar to text2pcap.
- * You can now view Wireshark's dissector tables (for example the TCP port to dissector mappings) from the main window.
- * TShark can show a specific occurrence of a field when using '-T fields'.
- * Custom columns can show a specific occurrence of a field.
- * You can hide columns in the packet list.
- * Wireshark can now export SMB objects.
- * dftest and randpkt now have manual pages.
- * TShark can now display iSCSI service response times.
- * Dumpcap can now save files with a user-specified group id.
- * Syntax checking is done for capture filters.
- * You can display the compiled BPF code for capture filters in the Capture Options dialog.
- * You can now navigate backwards and forwards through TCP and UDP sessions using Ctrl+, and Ctrl+. .
- * Packet length is (finally) a default column.
- * TCP window size is now avaiable both scaled and unscaled. A TCP window scaling graph is available in the GUI.
- * 802.1q VLAN tags are now shown by the Ethernet II dissector.
- * Various dissectors now display some UTF-16 strings as proper Unicode including the DCE/RPC and SMB dissectors.
- * The RTP player now has an option to show the time of day in the graph in addition to the seconds since beginning of capture.
- * The RTP player now shows why media interruptions occur.
- * Graphs now save as PNG images by default.
- * TShark can read and write host name information from and to pcapng-formatted files. Wireshark can read it. TShark can dump host name information via
- * [-z hosts].
- * The tshark -z option now uses the
- [-z ,srt]
- syntax instead of
- [-z ,rtt]
- * for all protocols that support service response time statistics. This syntax now matches Wireshark's syntax for this option.
- New Protocol Support
- * ADwin, ADwin-Config, Apache Etch, Aruba PAPI, Babel Routing Protocol, Constrained Application Protocol (COAP), Digium TDMoE, Erlang Distribution Protocol, Ether-S-I/O, FastCGI, Fibre Channel over InfiniBand (FCoIB), Gopher, Gigamon GMHDR, IDMP, Infiniband Socket Direct Protocol (SDP), JSON, LISP Data, MikroTik MAC-Telnet, Mongo Wire Protocol, Network Monitor 802.11 radio header, OPC UA ExtensionObjects, PPI-GEOLOCATION-GPS, ReLOAD, ReLOAD Framing, RSIP, SAMETIME, SCoP, SGSAP, Tektronix Teklink, WAI authentication, Wi-Fi P2P (Wi-Fi Direct)
- Updated Protocol Support
- * New and Updated Capture File Support
- o Apple PacketLogger, Catapult DCT2000, Daintree SNA, Endace ERF, HP OpenVMS TCPTrace, IPFIX (the file format, not the protocol), Lucent/Ascend debug, Microsoft Network Monitor, Network Instruments, TamoSoft CommView
- Getting Wireshark
- * Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from http://www.wireshark.org/download.html.
- Vendor-supplied Packages
- * Most Linux and Unix vendors supply their own Wireshark packages. You can usually install or upgrade Wireshark using the package management system specific to that platform. A list of third-party packages can be found on the download page on the Wireshark web site.
- File Locations
- * Wireshark and TShark look in several different locations for preference files, plugins, SNMP MIBS, and RADIUS dictionaries. These locations vary from platform to platform. You can use About
- Analyses hundreds of protocols
- Works across platforms
- Packets can be viewed in an easy to use GUI
- Not suitable for amateur network analysis
- Requires protocol analysis knowledge
"Best used to monitor a network....."
.....and NOT your girlfriend! Recently in the news for assisting some bloke to catch his woman cheating, Ethereal is a handy packet sniffer that will capture and decode everything that is going through a network. Why you would want to see what your lady friend is chatting about is totally up to you, but with this tool you can do it pretty easily. Takes a bit of time to get used to, especially if your on a busy connection. Make good use of the filters and you'll be able to check practically any element of the network traffic whether over a wired connection or a wireless.
- Records all your network traffic, Lets you see what it's being used for, chat conversations, web pages, passwords, etc.
- A bit difficult to use effectively. Can catch you cheating. Can be used to find out passwords, or crack a wireless connection
- 25 Apr 2006
Top Downloads: General
I’ve already gone through 5 reasons why you shouldn’t upgrade to Windows 8 but there are quite a few... See more
Mozilla recently released version 16 of its popular Firefox browser. The vast majority of changes and... See more